Sunday 4 November 2007

Moon Dust

Writing that last blog entry got me remembering the Youth Alpha course that was organised at the church my family regularly attended. Being about 14 or so, and proclaiming myself atheist/pantheist at the time, I used to really enjoy going along to their Sunday evening meetings for a good argument.

The funniest memory I have is when one of them, with a straight face, began telling me that he could prove that the universe was only 6,000 years old. “You remember when Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong went to the moon?” he said, “Well, when they stepped out of the space craft, and stood on the moon, how deep was their footprint. About an inch or so, right? Well, that proves that the universe is only 6,000 years old, because if the moon had been there for all those millions and billions of years, right, there should have been about 12 foot of dust on the moon!”

I shit ye not.

No comments: